Sandwich EIA kit used to measure the corticosterone present in Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Urine, Tissue Culture Media, Dried Fecal Samples samples from all species
Corticosterone (C21H30O4, Kendall's Compound ?B') is a glucocorticoid secreted by the cortex of the adrenal gland. Corticosterone is produced in response to stimulation of the adrenal cortex by ACTH and is the precursor of aldosterone. Corticosterone is a major indicator of stress and is the major stress steroid produced in non-human mammals. Studies involving corticosterone and levels of stress include impairment of long term memory retrieval (1), chronic corticosterone elevation due to dietary restrictions (2) and in response to burn injuries (3). In addition to stress levels, corticosterone is believed to play a decisive role in sleep-wake patterns (4,5).
- Assay type: Sandwich EIA (Enzyme Immunoassay)
- Species reactivity: Species Independent
- Sample types: Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Urine, Tissue Culture Media, Dried Fecal Samples
- Sensitivity: 18.6 pg/ml
- Assay range: 78.125 - 10,000 pg/ml
- Incubation t
- Number of samples per kit: 39 samples in duplicate
- Method of detection: Colorimetric Assay
The kit is transported on ice packs (+4ºC). Upon receipt store at 4ºC. Non-hazardous item according to both ADR and UN regulations.
For research use only. Not to be used for human or animal treatment or diagnostics.